Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Day 48

New house rule: No Internet until I'm through with yoga and my walk. I got sucked into the black hole of Facebook this morning and started my practice 15 minutes late. Time just seemed to get away rom me this morning. It felt particularly fleeting (but slowed WAY down, once I got to work!)

I had to cut out at Navasana in order not to be late. I cut my walk a few minutes short too. I did do closing sequence, but cut out a few poses.

I felt generally sore and stiff this morning. My knees are bothering me again. My back is cranky and I noticed that shoulderstand and Halasana were particularly uncomfortable. I think that poor, maligned Supta Konasana (which I skipped, since I ended at Navasana) is a actually a good preparation for shoulderstand work in the closing sequence. I guess I should appreciate it more!

My balance was a bit better this morning, but I still didn't feel very stable in the standing poses. All of this is probably an adjustment to doing the practice immediately after waking. Those first few sun salutations are mentally painful!

1 comment:

Mary said...

LOL too funny, I had to put that rule in place too because I fell into the FB black hole.

I practice not long after waking also and it can be tough some days. I've been laying in Supta Baddha Konasana with my hands crossed above my head before I start now for at least 10 minutes. It seems to help.

Hope you're feeling better! Knees can be a bugger.