Monday, August 6, 2007

Day 46

I did a 'multi-tasking' practice this afternoon which involved the Primary Series interspersed with trips down to the laundry room. It was a hot, humid day so this worked very well for me, since it gave me a chance to cool down between 'bouts' of yoga. ;-) My practice lasted the usual 90 minutes, but spanned over two hours with all the breaks I took. Ideally, this isn't how I would choose to do my practice, but I kind of like the fact that I'm able to be flexible and committed to it even when it's not easy.

These afternoon/evening practices on the weekend are such a treat for me - I enjoy practising later in the day and I'm so flexible. In the morning, forward bends are difficult but in an afternoon practice they're all melty and soothing. Some not-very-soothing events occurred this weekend that caught me by surprise, so it felt good to melt into a place of safety in my yoga practice.

Supta Kurmasana totally rocked today! I feel like I'm really getting the hang of it now. Another fun moment was in Marichyasana A - I didn't need to adjust anything or pull my arms back to grab my wrist like I usually do. I just reached back for it and it was THERE! No fuss, easy peasy!

No comments: