Saturday, July 21, 2007

Day 33

Note: This post is transcribed from notes I jotted down during my camping trip.

My silent alarm went off at 5 a.m. and I slipped out of my sleeping bag and grabbed my shoes. I didn't sleep well during the night and I kept getting up (but looking up and seeing the Milky Way on the way to the washroom was breathtaking all the same!). I was so tired and my back was achy from sleeping on the air mattress. Did I mention how cold it was? The temperature had dropped below 10 (around 50F). Morning practice by the lake is a special tradition of mine at camping, though, so I was eager to be off. After a quick trip to the washroom and a change of clothes, I headed to the beach with the dog.

I took a few moments of quiet meditation by the lake, breathing in the fresh air and listening to the call of the loon (yes, we really are in Canada, aren't we!?). The sky was just beginning to lighten as I laid my mat out on a picnic table (the sand was wet) near the lake and started my practice. I felt like an amazon goddess on top of that picnic table - a wobbly goddess, but still all powerful! ;-) As the sun peeked over the horizon, I finished my last Sun Salutation!

I had a good, though extremely modified practice. No inversions (Ladies Holiday hit with full force later in the day) and nothing that required even a modicum of balance because I felt very unstable on the picnic table. It didn't help that my mat was sliding around because of dew on the table. I took a very nice Savasana at the end, then some more meditation and enjoyed the beach for awhile before heading back. Blissful!

No comments: