Sunday, July 15, 2007

Day 28

Still only binding on the right side in Marichyasana D, and just barely (Just thought I would get that out of the way *grin*).

I really enjoyed my practice this morning. It didn't start out well. I was very distracted by some drama in my life and I was letting that get in the way of my focus. But I buckled down and the practice itself seem to calm me and direct my attention. My mind was so quiet by the time I finished that I had a blissful meditation after Savasana - the time literally melted away as I sat. And everything was so quiet. Amazing.

Later on in the day, when I came back from a chatty brunch with a friend, I felt myself craving that silence and actually sat for five minutes in meditation just to centre myself.

I kept the apartment closed up last night, so by this morning it was toasty. Sweated buckets - it was great and just felt a lot better.

I'm concerned about my backbends. I know that it's probably this medication I'm on, but they're nowhere as deep as they were in the winter. It's frustrating because I have the strength and I have the muscle memory to come up and then I just can't. I feel blocked.

I”ve also experienced some stiffness in my hamstrings and I can't blame this one on the drugs (unless it's my sacroiliac joint acting up, which is a possibility). I'm fine in Janu Sirsasana, but I find Paschimottanasana very difficult. I find it's a bit easier and more open for me during my evening (Iyengar-based) practice.

No comments: