Saturday, June 23, 2007

Day 7

Very cranky low back today. I didn't do any extra Surya Namaskara and I stopped the DVD halfway through to do a supine twist to sooth my back.

In Ardha Baddha Padma Padottanasana, I've been using a block as a prop and that's been working out really well. Today, for the first time, I felt like I was really doing that pose.

Replaced Janu Sirsasana C with Sphinx and a backbend over the balance ball. Did one Urdhva Danurasana then supine twist during the next two instances.

In Supta Padagunsthasana, my outer left hamstring cramped up when I brought my leg out to the side. My hamstrings were tighter than usual. I walk for an hour every day and I'm still figuring out how to time my practice in relation to my walks.

Shoulderstand felt difficult today. I'm still working out how much blanket I need for a prop or if I want to use a blanket at all. Using the blanket makes all the variations awkward.

Sirsasana was amazing today. I felt really good until I brought my legs half-way down, then my low back felt sensitive so I went into Balasana.

My full lotus was good today and yes, I did manage three breaths of Tolasana too!

No comments: