Sunday, June 17, 2007

Day 3

I wasn't even planning to do a full primary series practice today because I was so sore - it was tempting to wimp out. But in the end, I did. Somehow, it just seemed easier to just go ahead and do the whole thing.

I went for a walk around 5ish, then practised afterward. I'm so glad I did. It was an awesome practice. I modified all of the Chaturangas by dropping my knees first, but I did every single one! This worked well because it kept my body warm. My arms still hurt, but they were feeling better as I warmed up.

My backbends were awesome today! I've never felt so open before. I followed the DVD through Mari B, then did Sphinx for Mari C and backbends over a balance ball for Mari D. I'm really enjoying doing shoulderstand and sirsasana daily. I added in Eka Pada Raj Kapotanasna at one point during the practice.

I did a wonderful 10 minutes of meditation, complete with some chanting.

No comments: