Saturday, June 30, 2007

Day 14

I'm an astanga rebel: today is a 'moon day' when most Ashtangis traditionally take a day off of practice and I practised anyway! It was really good, though fairly unremarkable. I seem to be settling into some sort of comfort zone with the practice now - it feels challenging but welcoming to me.

Marichyasana A and B are both completely comfortable. Marichyasana C not so much, but it's coming along.

Jump throughs are fairly consistent, using the blocks on their second highest level. At one point, they were on the lowest level and I was having trouble so I switched them back.

My back was NOT open today and Urdhva Danurasana was really, really difficult.

Sirsasana was its usual bliss. I really, really don't need that wall. From now on, I'm going to pretend the wall isn't there and not rely on it at all (unless I crash into it on my way down). I think my goal for Sirsasana this summer is to be completely free-standing by the time I return to H's class in the fall.

No comments: