Thursday, June 28, 2007

Day 12

Another very warm practice. I'm getting used to sweating a lot as I practice. I sort of expect it now and even feel cheated if my body doesn't warm up as much as I would like. One thing I've noticed recently is that my hams are very, very tight - tighter than they used to be. I'm not sure why this is and they only seem tight in some postures - like seated forward bends.

Ever since my ill-fated handstand a few days ago (when I bumped my head on the wall), I seem to have come to a very strong place in my handstand practice. I kick up easily, I feel comfortable, confident and stable. Ditto with my headstands. I really don't need the wall anymore - it's a psychological crutch more than anything.

Cranky back today, but I still managed two backbends, again using the wall and blocks. I can come in really deep this way.

I've added two replacement postures: Eka Pada Raj Kapotanasana for Janu Sirsasana C and Hanumasana for Mirichyasana D. Hanumasana was on my New Year's resolution list, so I figured I'd better work on it.

Somewhat related to practice: I've definitely lost some weight. My camp pants are loose now (they were very tight just a couple of months ago) and my blue pants (which I use to determine if I'm at my 'ideal weight'; I don't own a scale) fit without a struggle. They're still a bit tight in the bum, but I'm getting there, slowly but surely!

No comments: