Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Day 11

Today was so hot that I was soaked in sweat (from my walk) before I even started.

Arms felt better today and Sun Salutations were fabulous and floaty. I've been going very, very deep in Parsvottanasana - too bad I can't hold my hands in reverse Namaste for more than 2 seconds.

Janu Sirsasana C - I actually did this on the right side, with my leg propped up on a block. Who knew? I'm pretty sure it was a fluky moment.

Utthita Hasta Padangustasana: I'm feeling so comfortable in this pose now! I can totally balance and my leg is nearly straight. I ease the transition to the side by bending my leg as I open the hip, then re-extending the leg.

Bhuja Pindasana: I balanced really well in this one today, also in Bakasana.

Came into shoulderstand without doing Halasana first!

Also of note, in Urdhva Danurasana I worked with blocks against the wall to deepen the backbend. It was *incredible*!

Sirsasana is feeling better and better. I set up next to the wall, but I don't really 'need' the wall. If only I could convince my brain of that fact.

No comments: