Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Day 10

Surya Namaskara B flowed like a river of prana today. I literally felt like a dancer as I moved from one posture to the next. That was the full extent of sukha (ease). Everything else felt like I was made of lead - in fact, I nearly quit halfway through today. I only stuck it out when I noticed that the primary series was nearly over.

As it was, I skipped some things and modified others. My low back was cranky, so I turned Paschimottanasama into an Supta Padagunsthasana with a strap and skipped Supta Upavista Konasana and Urdhva Mukha Paschimottanasama entirely (though I did do shoulder stand).

I'm finding all kinds of clever uses for blocks, but I didn't use them for jump throughs today because I wasn't doing jump throughs. Too tired. And my arms hurt - I was feeling the jump throughs in my back, probably because my arms were tired. My arms are still achy (I was really feeling it while teaching a corporate class today).

By the way, Tolasana with blocks? Rocks my world! I feel like an Amazon Goddess when I do that pose.

No comments: